In 1902 a bench was put up on the B.J. Road for the public. In 1985, a triangular plinth was demarked, enclosing the bench, for a traffic Island by Hotel Sea Rock but was later abandoned. The traffic island was at the junction of B.J. Road and H.K. Bhabha Road.
At some stage the triangular junction was being taken over by builders for a building. The citizens of the neighbourhood strongly protested, surrounded the area and prevented any construction activities.
Latter BBRT along with the Rotary Club of Bandra, decided to convert the area into a Sr. Citizens park and preserve the ancient 1902 benches. BSES also helped in putting up fencing. The garden is today maintained by BBRT.