- 21-6-15 – International Yoga Day: Bandra Bandstand Residents Trust organized an International Yoga Day Function on 21/6/15 from 6:45AM to 8:30AM at the North end of the Bandra Bandstand Promenade. Ms Karen D’Mello – BMC Corporator was the Chief Guest and Padma Shree Father Joe Periera was the Guest of honour. BMC Corporator Mr Aasif Zakaria unfortunately could not attend.
The program was as follows:
6:45 – 7:00 AM Registration & Settling down
7:00 – 7:45 AM Asana & Pranayama – demonstration & practice
by Mr. Pankaj Mirgh & Ms Luckshmi Mirgh of Art of Living
7:45 – 8:30 AM Practice of positive thinking & Meditation – PowerPoint Presentation & talk by BK Smita Behen (Brahma Kumari)
- Over 70 persons attended in spite of the inclement weather and the function was a great success.See photos – Link to Photos
- 11-4-15 – Erosion Protection: The Bandstand Promenade, made 15 years ago, was getting totally eroded due the constant buffeting of the sea and especially due to the monsoons waves. To prevent this erosion, a massive Rs 2 Crore project was sanctioned by the Maharashtra Maritime Board with the help of the then MP Smt. Priya Dutt. However, the project had got stalled and was finally able to take off with the help of the MLA Shree Ashish Shelar. The Bhoomi Pujan took place on 11/4/15 where MP Ms. Poonam Mahajan, MLA Shri Ashish Shelar & Deputy Mayor Ms. Alka Kelkar presided. Other dignitaries like Mr Sudhir Deore (senior officer of Maharashtra Maritime Board), Architect Mr Samarth Das (office of Architect Mr P. K. Das), various ALM heads and prominent activists were present. See photos – Link to Photos
- 26-1-15 – Republic Day: The 66th Republic Day function was held at the Central gardens on the Bandstand Promenade. The chief guest was MLA Shree Ashish Shelar. Many other dignitaries, ALM heads, activists and local residents attended. BBRT has been celebrating at the Central Gardens all Republic Day & Independence Day functions starting from 15/9/2008. Various dignitaries such as the MP, MLA, Corporator, Bandra Police Sr. officers, BMC staff, ALM heads, activists, some actors and various prominent personalities living in the vicinity See photos – Link to Photos
- November 2014 – Celebrate Bandra: Nearly every two years there has been a series of functions lasting 2 weeks where BBRT has been one of the prime partners of the Celebrate Bandra Initiative. Dance, Drama, music and other art display and functions are held at our amphitheatre at Landsend and other smaller amphitheatre at the Bandstand Promenade.
- 8-11-14 to 16-11-14 Yoga camp: BBRT organised a 9 day free Pranayama &Yoga science camp at the BBRT children’s garden at the North end of the Bandstand Promenade (off Galaxy apt.). It was conducted by the famous Mr M. R. Narayan Rao – consulting physician and preventive Cardiologist. Over 50 persons participated and greatly benefitted from this camp. Such camps have been held every year since 2008. – Link to Photos
- 13-11-14 Children’s Drawing Completion: A Drawing Talent Competition was organised by BBRT for the Under Privileged Children Age group 6- 10 years. Sponsor for the drawing material was Camlin Kokuyo. The Angel Xpress Learning Centre supervised the competition. Earlier also we have conducted various Children’s drawing competition – Link to Photos